One of the main problems that we find in accessing BSNL broadband is frequent disconnection of internet. Here we will find the suspected reasons as well as the complete solution to fix the frequent broadband disconnection step by step.
BSNL is the leading ADSL Broadband service provider of India. It provides high speed & stabilized broadband connection in rural as well as urban areas across the country over Copper pair by ADSL Technology. But as BSNL uses old POTS underground copper pair for providing the ADSL broadband internet connection thus customer faces few problems in internet connection like frequent disconnection or slow speed problem due to excessive impedance in Copper loop especially during rainy season.
One of the main problems that we find in accessing BSNL broadband is frequent disconnection of internet during surfing. At the time of disconnection when you will see the Modem, then you will notice that DSL/ ADSL LED is blinking. There are various suspected reasons for LED blinking.
Reasons for frequent disconnection of BSNL Broadband:
- High Impedance in Copper Pair coming from BSNL CO to your premises, resulting Low SNR Margin.
- More than technological distance limit from BSNL CO to your premises, resulting Higher Attenuation. (NOTE: Now a days BSNL providing ADSL 2+ broadband technology and for which limit is maximum 4 to 5 KM in urban areas)
- Large number of joints in either UG Cable (Underground cable) or in between DP to customer premises.
- Faulty Splitter either at customer premises or at BSNL CO.
- Faulty ADSL Modem or Power Adapter at customer premises.
Steps to fix the frequent disconnection of BSNL Broadband:
We should solve our case one by one by taking above reasons, as same reasons may not be applicable to each and every one.
- If your premise is very far away from the BSNL Exchange or CO than the technological distance limit, then you have to bear it. As there is no any concrete solution for it.
- High Impedance in Copper Pair coming from BSNL CO to your premises, resulting Low SNR Margin.To check this reason you have to access your Modem through Modem IP: http://192.168.1.1
User name :admin (Default)
Password : admin (Default)
Then go to overview or DSL Status page to check your SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) Margin as well as Attenuation data.